Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Online Shopping

I was never a big online shopper; but I have always been a tactile one. But this year I found myself pressed for time for holiday shopping and have not been able to do one of my favorite hobbies, which is going shopping. I have to say It has actually been a pleasant experience and I am not the least bit upset. These are some of the pros to going online shopping:
1. No driving around looking for a parking spot.
2. There are no lines to wait on.
3. I don't have to worry about losing my child in the crowds.
4. There is no arguing about who grabbed the last pair of gloves.
5. No one is spraying perfumes at you.
6. I can drink a cup of coffee and sit while I shop.
7. I can rate the item I am purchasing.
I can go on! I think I have found a new hobbie, online shopping. If you are really lucky you can find stores online that offer free shipping if you spend over a certain amount. I also have to say I have yet to be dissapointed with any of my purchases. The only advice I can give is to make sure you do your shopping early because of shipping dates, you don't want to take the chances of getting anything after christmas.
On a more serious note, after the shopping tragedy this year at a local Wallmart. I feel more safe shopping from the convenience of my own home.

online adj. -using a computer
tactile adj.-pertaining to the sense of touch
pressed adj.-the urgency of matters
hobbies n.- activity or interest pursued outside one's regular occupation and engaged in primarily for pleasure
pros adv. -in favor of a proposition
crowds n.-a group of people
rate v.-to place in a certain rank
convenience n.- anything that save or simplifies work

1. I am so late, I am _________ for time.
2. My favorite ___________ is gardening.
3. The _________ of going out to dinner is you don't have to cook or clean.
4. This ___________ class is great, I don't even have to leave my house, just sit at my computer.
5. The _________ at the mall were out of control.
6. She was _________ the best teacher.
7. Some children have to touch everyhing they see, the are very tactile.


Grammar point

Prepositions
I went into the house.
I came to the party with Kate.
The ball was under the table

1 comment:

Teacher: Jackie said...

I am glad you like online shopping. I think it's great, but before you know it, the credit card bills come in. Did you ever do your grocery shopping through peapod.com? It takes all the pain out of grocery shopping, and you don't have to carry any groceries or pach any bags.